Everyone Needs Resilience
Happy Teens. Happy Families.
Hi! I'm Kristin
Wondering how we can help you?
Whether you are a parent who's worried about your teen or looking for ways to improve your relationship with your teen (or "tween") OR if you're part of an organization, like a school, club or camp, that works with teens and tweens, we are passionate about helping teens and their parents thrive.
PARENTS, you can reset your relationship with your teen in two weeks!
EDUCATORS, you can build resilience, belonging and connection in your school community with our evidence-based, easy-to-implement Resilience Reminders™ program.
Resilience is the ability to use the inevitable challenges, setbacks, losses, failures and disappointments of life to become a stronger, better, happier version of yourself.
What you might not know is that resilience also improves decision-making, self-esteem, and relationships.
Everyone needs resilience.
Check Out Our App!
We are thrilled to have our premiere programs now available on the MacDermott Method app.
- The 14-Day Parent/Teen Relationship Reset is easy to access via mobile and desktop.
Resilience Reminders™ is ready to deploy in your classroom or at the dinner table!
Download for iphone here.
Download for android phones here.
Other features of the app:
- Access to Office Hours with Kristin MacDermott and get your parenting questions answered!
- Enjoy a suite of guided meditations, including five collaborations Kristin did with award-winning composer Gary Malkin who is known for using music as a catalyst for healing
- Kristin guides you through a step-by-step process for resetting your relationship with your teen in two weeks.
- It takes less than 10 minutes per day.
- It will change your life.
- Resilience Reminders™ is a community-wide program that fosters belonging, connection and personal empowerment from the classroom to the family dinner table.
- How? By putting everything you need to prompt meaningful, resilience-building conversations right in the palm of your hand.
- It happens in schools (or clubs or camps) and parents are included!
Get Free Resources!
Join our mailing list and get our free guide on improving your relationships immediately and our weekly Self-Care Sunday article.
About the MacDermott Method
- Our resilience-training programs are based on two decades of research by Kristin MacDermott, a licensed marriage and family therapist, conflict resolution specialist, and resilience expert.
- Over the past two decades, she has developed resilience-training programs for some of the highest performing people on the planet, including Navy SEALS, the Los Angeles Police Department, and healthcare providers at 20 hospitals across the country, including at Duke Health and the National Institutes of Health. She has created programs for corporate executives, cancer patients, at-risk youth in inner-city Los Angeles, and students at top universities.
- Her resilience-training programs have been validated in four studies (including tow randomized-controlled trials) with researchers from the Duke Clinical Research Institute, published in peer-review journals, and proven to promote clinically significant improvement in key mental health and resilience measures, including distress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and self-efficacy.
- Our passion is helping families and their teen children. Families can and should be our greatest source of joy as humans, but as a society, we fail to teach the basic skills necessary to nurture supportive, good-feeling relationships. Our mission is to teach those skills to every family who wants to experience more connection, joy, and love, as well as to the advisors, teachers, and coaches who serve families.