Get the 52-skill toolkit for teaching emotional intelligence and raising happy, resilient, and independent children who:
- Earn their own self-esteem.
- Connect the dots between their behavior and the outcomes they have in life.
- Surround themselves with people who bring out the best in them.
- Trust their guts when situations (or people) feel unsafe.
About Resilience-Based Parenting™
You'll receive weekly audio lessons, family activities, and resources delivered straight to your inbox. Each of these lessons teaches a resilience skill so that you can help your kids learn things like:
- The formula for recovering from failure, and why it's important to normalize and even celebrate failure.
- How to talk to your kids about the embarrassing, difficult, and sensitive topics so that you are person they come to with their questions about life.
- How to help your kids make good friends, the ones who will support them and bring out the best in them.
- Plus, so much more, like skills for dealing with conflict, lies, homework battles, and more.
"It's like I have a really healthy, balanced, professional parent in my back pocket. This applies to everything. It does not just apply to parenting. It applies to how I treat myself, how I am in a marriage, how my partner is with in a marriage, and what is off balance."
Host of the Wife of the Party Podcast and a resilience-based parent
Explore the ten pillars of Resilience-Based Parenting™ through our skills-based tools delivered weekly to your inbox. The audio lessons are brief (usually under ten minutes), and they will give you powerful aha moments for changing your relationships with your kids and improving your family dynamics.
Put your new Resilience-Based Parenting™ skills to work by participating in weekly activities that improve your children's resilience (and your own!), decrease the friction in your household, and, perhaps most important of all, increase the positive interactions you have with each of your family members.
Resilience-Based Parenting™ is packed with additional resources that will help you feel more confident about your role as a parent. We've been studying resilience for two decades, and our programs (and the skills in this toolkit) have been validated in four studies and proven to promote key resilience outcomes.
About Kristin MacDermott, Creator of Resilience-Based Parenting
Hi, I'm Kristin MacDermott, and I'm a licensed marriage and family therapist, as well as the creator of the MacDermott Method.
My resilience-training programs have been validated in four studies (including two randomized-controlled trials) with researchers from the Duke Clinical Research Institute, published in peer-review journals, and proven to promote clinically significant improvement in key resilience measures, including distress, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and self-efficacy.
Over the past two decades, I have developed resilience-training programs for some of the highest performing people on the planet, including Navy SEALS, the Los Angeles Police Department, and healthcare providers at 20 hospitals across the country. I have created programs for cancer patients, divorcing families, parents, athletes, students and for mentors and at-risk youth in inner city Los Angeles.
My passion is helping children. All of us will face obstacles. There's no preventing it. But when we teach children resilience skills, we open the doors for them to move past these obstacles quickly and access their best-feeling life. We give them the tools to choose good-feeling relationships, to pursue their dreams, and to grow into self-confident, compassionate, solution-focused adults.
The Science-Backed Way of Making Your Home a Happier Place to Be...
The skills taught in Resilience-Based Parenting™ have been validated in four studies (including two randomized-controlled trials) with researchers from the Duke Clinical Research Institute, published in peer-review journals, and proven to promote clinically significant improvement in key resilience and wellness measures, including distress, anxiety, depression, and self-efficacy.
The skills have been used by a diverse array of people, including the Navy SEALS, police departments, hospitals (including the National Institutes of Health), corporations, schools, and by non-profit organizations dedicated to supporting at-risk youth through resilience-based mentoring programs.
But the best place to teach these skills is at home.Try a Skill
Here's how it works ...
- Receive weekly skills (audio lessons, activities, and resources) delivered to your inbox.
- Enjoy membership in the Resilience-Based Parenting™ portal where all of your unlocked content is always accessible.
- Subscribers on our monthly program can cancel anytime.
- Your membership is for your entire household, so invite your partner and your kids to listen to the lessons with you.
- Twice a month, you have the option of joining live Zoom office hours with Kristin MacDermott where you can ask the founder of Resilience-Based Parenting™ all of your parenting questions.
- The 52 skills roll out weekly in your inbox for a year. You can also access all of your unlocked monthly content in the online portal at any time.