4. Nature of Content
The Content is educational and informational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice, opinion, diagnosis, treatment or guarantee. The Website is not intended to create and does not constitute any professional relationship between MacDermott Method, Inc., or any of its officers, directors, trustees, employees, consultants, independent contractors, agents, volunteers, affiliates, or agents (collectively, “we,” “us,” “our,” or “MacDermott Method”). The Website is not intended to solicit clients or customers; and should not be relied upon as medical, psychological, or other professional advice of any kind or nature whatsoever. Even if those providing information via the Website display professional licensure or other credentials in the healing arts, they are limited to providing information and education, and are not providing any clinical service via the Website.
The information provided through the Website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. The information contained in these communications is not comprehensive and does not include all the potential information regarding the subject matter, but is merely intended to serve as one resource for general and educational purposes. It should not be construed as the practice of medicine, psychology, or any other licensed profession, directly or indirectly; nor should anything on the Website be construed as provision of medical services. The Content is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a medical or psychological problem, you should consult your medical doctor or psychologist or appropriate health care provider. If you think you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. Never disregard or delay medical advice received from your licensed healthcare provider based on information on the Website. Always consult your physician, psychologist, or licensed healthcare provider before seeking any new treatment, or before you alter, suspend, or initiate any change in your medical or psychological treatment, medication or herbal supplement, routine, or procedure.
Links on the Website are provided only as an informational resource, and it should not be implied that we recommend, endorse or approve of any of the content at the linked sites, nor are we responsible for their availability, accuracy or content. Your reliance on such information is solely at your own risk.
6. Testimonials and Endorsements
Consumers generally may not be expected to achieve the same or similar results as others who have used our services and who have subsequently written or recorded video testimonials and endorsements. We post testimonials for informational purposes only; we do not claim that anyone will experience the same or similar results as mentioned in these writings or videos. Nor do we claim that a significant number of consumers may obtain similar results. Another way to state this is that results experienced by any one individual who has written a testimonial or endorsement, is not necessarily what any given consumer should expect to experience. Any information that could be regarded as a testimonial or endorsement on the Website does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction by us regarding the outcome of any past, ongoing, or future consultation with you.
7. No Guarantee or Warranty
We expressly disclaim any and all liability concerning any treatment or action by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website or through us or through anyone using the Website or trained by us. We are not liable for any unfair business practices by third parties.
We have used reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing, and providing quality information and material but make no guarantee about the accuracy, completely, or adequacy of the Content. The Website is provided on an “as is” basis. We do not provide any express warranties or representations. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all implied warranties and representations, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. If you are dissatisfied or harmed by anything relating to the Website, you may leave the Website and this will be your sole and exclusive remedy.
8. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
9. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
10. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
11. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
13. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
14. Limitation of Liability
We are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, good will, use data or other intangible losses (whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from: (i) the use of or inability to use the Website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, (ii) any delay, failure, interruption or corruption of our web site or any data or information transmitted in connection with the use of this web site, (iii) personal injury or death caused by your use or misuse of the Website, (iv) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from your use of any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from our web site, (v) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, (vi) statements or conduct of any third party on our web site, (vii) any lost profits of users for spending any time on the Website or any articles or comments posted on the Website or, (viii) any other matter relating to the Website. You acknowledge that this paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services (if applicable) available through the Website. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Notwithstanding the above, our sole liability for any reason to you, and your sole and exclusive remedy for any cause or claim whatsoever, shall be limited to the amount paid by you for any product or service purchase by you from us through the Website; provided, that any claims arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website must be brought within one (1) year since the event giving rise to such action occurred. You understand and agree that your use of the Website is predicated upon your waiver of any right to participate in a class action suit for any losses or damages resulting from your use of the Website.
By viewing the Website you agree to fully release, indemnify, and hold harmless, MacDermott Method from any claim or liability whatsoever and for any damage or injury, personal, financial, emotional, psychological or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time out of or in relation to your use of or reliance on the information presented on the Website.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
17. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
19. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Los Angeles, California. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If any court of competent jurisdiction rules that any part of the Disclaimer is invalid or unenforceable, the balance of the Disclaimer stands in full force and effect.
Last Updated: February 29, 2020
Receive the first five chapters of Kristin MacDermott's book: It Takes Two Minutes to Shift Your Mindset and Build Resilience.